|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Omni-Man (Invincible Comics) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature articles are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||This planet has... changed me. And there's no going back from that, son. Without you... I don't know what it would have taken... what I would have done... to make me realize that.||„|
|~ Nolan Grayson to Mark Grayson.|
Omni-Man also known as Nolan Grayson, is the deuteragonist of the Image comics series Invincible. He is an alien from the planet Viltrum, and became the father of Mark Grayson, who would become the superhero Invincible. He was revealed to be a villain upon slaughtering the Guardians of the Globe, but redeemed himself for the sake of his family and to protect the Earth from the Viltrum Empire.
- 1 Biography
- 1.1 Early Life
- 1.2 Going to Earth
- 1.3 Issue #1
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 2.1 Powers
- 2.2 Abilities
- 3 Weaknesses
- 4 Quotes
- 5 Gallery
- 6 External Links
Nolan was born on the planet Viltrum and is the son of Argall, the leader of the Viltrumites, and an unnamed woman. When he was young, Argall was killed by Thaedus, who no longer believed in the Viltrumites' violent ways, and as a result, Nolan's true heritage was hidden from the recorders to hide him from enemies. The Viltrumites then organized the Viltrum Empire, which was led by Thragg, and Nolan decided to help the empire conquer planets. Nolan showed himself to be a capable warrior, and was so successful, that he became the commander of his own unit.
Going to Earth
A virus started to destroy the Viltrumite population, the Empire decided to take advantage of their decelerated aging, and infiltrate a society and weaken the chance of it resisting a takeover. Nolan decided to take on this mission, and flew to Earth to accomplish their task, meeting Cecil Stedman to learn more about human culture. Nolan then adopted the last name Grayson to appear more human, and met a woman named Debbie, and the two later married and had a son, Mark Grayson.
Cecil then set Nolan up as "Omni-Man" to be Earth's newest and most powerful superhero, and became an ally of the Guardians of the Globe. Nolan also met with costume maker Art Rosebaum, who designed him a costume for the superhero. Additionally, Nolan lied to Cecil, Debbie and Art about the reasons he was on Earth, and deceived his family and allies for years.
During the time, he would fight many villains to protect Earth, and kept an eye out for anyone who was strong enough to protect Earth from the Viltrum Empire. While raising his son, he revealed to him that he was half Viltrumite and half human, and one day would receive superpowers.
Powers and Abilities
- Viltrumite-Physiology: Being a Viltrumite, Omni-Man was born all his race's superhuman capacities, which puts him well-beyond the physical parameters of most races. While physically appearing middle-aged, Omni-Man's might ranks among the greatest all Viltrumites and is easily recognized as the single most powerful being on Earth, able to single-handedly defeat the entire Guardians of the Globe. Also as a Viltrumite, Omni-Man's genetics are so potently dominating, they almost completely overshadow any genetics his offspring will inherit from the other parent, making said offspring almost purely Viltrumite themselves.
- Flight: Due to a complex balancing system located in his inner ears, Omni-Man is able to levitate himself at will and fly about as he pleases.
- Invulnerability: Omni-Man's entire physical being is nigh-indestructible. Extreme temperatures, explosions, severe physical trauma, piercing weapons, and energy assaults have little to no affect on harming him. Only the most powerful of foes are able to cause any actual harm to him. He can even survive direct exposure to outer space, enabling him to perform interstellar travel without aid.
- Enhanced Healing Factor: While Omni-Man is not absolutely immune to physical harm, he has remarkable recuperative powers. Able to survive most injuries that would kill normal humans, he is then able to recover any damage in very short periods of time, all with no lingering signs of the damage ever transpiring. He is also virtually immune to all forms of illness and contaminants. This healing factor also makes his body generates very little fatigue toxins, granting him immense stamina that lets him continue to exert himself for extended periods of time without collapsing or suffering from exhaustion. This also grants him an uncanny capacity to live entirely self-sufficiently, not needing nutrients or sleep, at least not nearly as much as humans would, and remained unhindered.
- Super Endurance: Most injuries that he does sustain, he is able to endure and ignore the pain for the most part with no major impact on his physical performance. His sheer resilience allows him to survive injuries that would kill most beings, such as being disemboweled. While still needing air to breathe, he can go for weeks without air unfazed.
- Decelerated Aging: Omni-Man is blessed with an immense longevity. This stems from a decelerated aging process, gradually aging slower the older he gets, allowing him to retain his youthful health, vitality, conditioning, and appearance for an incalculably long time. At over two thousand years old, he has only begun to show signs of aging while still physically performing in his prime.
- Super Strength: Omni-Man is blessed with immense raw physical strength. able to easily life thousands of tons of weight with a single hand and plow through virtually any solid matter with little to no resistance. Offensively, he's sheer might can easily crush and tear through most targets with little trouble, even foes with their own level of super strength and/or heightened durability. The force of his strikes can even generate powerful sonic booms that upturn and crumble solid rock.
- Super Speed: Omni-Man is incredibly fast, capable of moving at super-luminal levels and able to traverse entire planets in minutes. His speed was also shown able to cause devastating explosions with the implication that his speed was splitting atoms and causing fission reactions. While not the absolute fastest, he has also shown remarkable reflexes and reaction time, able to follow the movements of faster foes to counter.
- Deception: Nolan is a master manipulator, being able to deceive his family and allies about his true intentions for decades.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Raised and trained by a warmongering society, Omni-Man is a highly proficient combatant.
- Leadership: Nolan shows himself to be a capable leader, and later became the emperor of Viltrum, and the ruler the Thraxans.
- Writing Skills: Nolan is an expert writer and has written numerous successful books.
- Vulnerable Ears: When a Viltrumite's equilibrium in their ears is disturbed, mainly by frequency, it can cause extreme pain and may even possibly kill them. Depending on how strong the frequency is determines that pain of attack.
|“||Son, stop. Listen to me. Do you have any idea what our life span is? The older we get the slower we age. We can't live among these frail things... your mother is little more than a pet. Viltrumite DNA is so pure and complete that you are nearly full blooded. I could mate with nearly any alien being of comparable evolutionary development and produce a similar offspring. This means you will eventually become as strong as me. You could potentially be stronger... and you will live for thousands of years. Do you understand what this means? Everything you know and love will be gone before you look thirty years old. You do not belong here. Do you really want to watch your world die around you?||„|
|~ Omni-Man to Invincible.|
|“||I know this is a lot to take in at one time, but you're old enough to know the truth. And unfortunately... I'm not done yet. On top of all this... there's more. You see, you're getting older, son... things are going to start to change for you in a few years as you hit puberty. You're going to start to get acne. Your voice will start to crack and eventually change. You'll being to grow hair in strange and new places. You're going to start looking at girls in a whole new light. There's a good chance that you're going to start to develop super powers. Super-Strength, Super-Speed, Flight... the whole bit. All the powers I have... Mark? Do you understand?||„|
|~ Nolan telling his young son about their origins.|
|“||They’re not coming because they’re no one to send. I am confident in this because I know how far away the Viltrumites are. My execution was postponed because they are called away—it was only recently that they were able to send back the two agents required by law for an execution. They had no else to spare. The reason is simple…there are less than fifty pure-blooded Viltrumites left alive in the whole universe. That’s the secret…that’s the thing they don’t want anyone to know…that’s why we can beat them.||„|
|“||There will be no time for regrets! You will all be crushed under the heel of the Viltrum Empire!||„|
|~ Omni-Man attempts to kill the original Guardians of the Globe.|
- Omni-Man on the Villains Wiki
- Omni-Man on the Guile Heroes Wiki
- Omni-Man on the Image Comics Wiki
- Omni-Man on the Inconsistently Admirable Wiki